God-Centered Theology Is Practical

In my next five blog entries I plan to defend what are called the doctrines of grace: the historic “five points of Calvinism.” I hope to do this without trying to belittle those disciples of our Master who disagree with me. My purpose is to clear up some confusion and present a God-centered theology as opposed to Arminianism, which I consider a man-centered theology. I also want to point out that what you believe about God (theology) determines the way you will live. Simply put, "every counseling problem is a theological problem."

There is a good deal of misunderstanding about the beliefs of those of us who consider ourselves "Reformed." It may surprise you to know that most of us believe in aggressive global evangelism like the Calvinistic William Carey, the father of modern missions. Most of us engage in evangelistic preaching like Calvinists George Whitefield and Charles Haddon Spurgeon. We do not encourage believers to live as they please since they are "eternally secure" nor do we apply our belief in the sovereignty of God by disowning the power of prayer.

Does it really matter? Does this have anything to do with real life? Isn't this blog devoted to biblical counseling issues? Read the articles carefully and hopefully you'll answer all three questions with a hearty "Yes" like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?