Haiti Bible Institute, Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Today I am trying to finish Hebrews through chapter 12 so I can use tomorrow’s two sessions to finish Hebrews 13 and review before our final exam at 3:45 p.m. EDT. Teaching the whole book in fifteen hours has been a great exercise for me. The concentrated coverage refreshes my mind in what I have been teaching on Wednesday nights at RLBC. The message of Hebrews is so relevant to people who are tempted to seek satisfaction in present pleasures and personal performance. I have been challenged along with the men at how quickly we make our boast in our man-made, cross-trampling standards.
Hebrews is a letter about trusting in what we cannot see—at the risk of losing of comfort and even life itself. A disturbing question from Francis Chan’s Crazy Love: “What are you doing right now that requires faith?”
My kids and others sent gifts for the children at My Father’s House as well as the large number of children represented by these young pastors. The students seemed very pleased to have little treasures to take home to their families tomorrow night.
One more full day. Then home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?